Cisco® Small Business Smart Switches are cost-effective switching solutions that are ideal for small businesses, the network edge, or workgroups within larger organizations. These easy-to-install, high-speed switches offer many of the same quality-of-service (QoS) and security features found in more expensive full Layer 2 managed switches, but without their complexity. The Cisco SLM2024 24-Port Gigabit Smart Switch offers twenty-four 10/100/1000 Gigabit over copper ports with two shared copper or optical Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) uplink interfaces for connecting the switch to the core network. The simplified user interface is an intuitive management tool, enabling you to quickly use the comprehensive feature set of the switch, for a better-optimized network.
The Cisco SLM2024 includes numerous QoS features to help ensure that traffic is prioritized properly to deliver the best possible user experience for real-time applications such as voice and video or bandwidth-intensive graphic/video file uploads or downloads. With its Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) snooping feature, the Cisco SLM2024 limits IP multicast traffic (such as real-time presentations, videoconferences, and online gaming) to only the ports that have requested it, enabling the rest of the network to operate at peak efficiency. Additional QoS capabilities, such as IEEE 802.1p priority tagging, differentiated services code point (DSCP), and four hardware queues, also maintain quality for real-time applications such as voice and video. Network traffic can be optimized with the switch's 802.1Q VLAN support, which enables you to quickly segregate network traffic by department or workgroup. VLANs also provide an additional layer of security by keeping sensitive data separated from other workgroups on the network.
• Twenty-four 10/100/1000 switched RJ-45 ports for up to 2000 Mbps of throughput per port
• 2 mini Gigabit Interface Converter (mini-GBIC) slots for fiber and copper Gigabit Ethernet expansion
• 48-Gbps nonblocking, store-and-forward switching mechanism
• Simplified QoS management enabled by advanced queuing techniques using 802.1p, IPv4/v6 Differentiated Services (DiffServ)/DSCP traffic prioritization specifications
• Configuration and monitoring from a standard web browser with a simplified management interface
• 802.1Q-based VLANs enable segmentation of networks for improved performance and security
• Port-level security via 802.1X authentication and MAC-based filtering
• Increased bandwidth (up to 8x) and added link redundancy with Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
• Multicast and broadcast storm control
• Port mirroring for noninvasive monitoring of switch traffic
• Jumbo frame support (9 KB)
• Fully rack-mountable using the included rack-mounting hardware