Enjoy spoken turn-by-turn directions, a 7" pinch-to-zoom screen, live traffic updates and parking info, and hands-free calling with the DriveSmart 61 Navigation System by Garmin. The system comes with numerous features to make driving safer and easier, including alerts for road hazards (or your own fatigue), easy-to-understand directions using landmarks and businesses, and directions within complex locations like airports and mall parking lots.
Sync a Bluetooth-enabled device, such as your smartphone, for hands-free calling, receiving smart notifications, text messages, and calendar reminders without taking your hands off the wheel. You can also get directions by talking instead of touching, thanks to the unit's voice-activated navigation capability. When a map or software update is available, you'll be notified, and the DriveSmart will download the update automatically using your home WiFi network.
Along with map data, the navigator is populated with TripAdvisor points of interest such as hotels, restaurants and attractions near your destination and along the way, and information from Foursquare on millions of local destinations. You can also customize the device with up to 1,000 destinations of your choosing. Active lane assist with voice prompts and junction view ensure that you are in the right lane of travel at tricky interchanges, while route shaping helps you pick the most efficient way to get where you're going. The system is compatible with Garmin smartwatches and the BC30 Wireless Backup Camera, both sold separately.
- Live Traffic and Parking Info
- Pair the navigator with your compatible mobile device using the free Smartphone Link app, and you'll have traffic alerts, relevant rerouting suggestions, pricing for parking facilities, and availability trends for on-street public parking. The app also enables LiveTrack, which lets you share your location with family or friends.
- Driver Alerts
- The DriveSmart will alert you to sharp curves, speed limit changes, railroad crossings, animal crossings, and school zones, and will warn you if you end up going the wrong way on a one-way road, or if you've been driving for too long without a break. In jurisdictions where it is permitted, it will warn you about red-light and speed cameras.
- Hands-Free Calling
- Synch a Bluetooth-enabled device, such as your smartphone, for hands-free calling and receive text messages and calendar reminders without taking your hands off the wheel. Customizable smart notifications appear on the navigation display.
- Real Directions
- Garmin's Real Directions feature uses recognizable landmarks, buildings, and intersections to let you know when and where to turn.
- Points of Interest
- The DriveSmart provides info from TripAdvisor on hotels, restaurants and attractions at your destination and on your journey, along with Foursquare data on millions of restaurants, entertainment venues, shops and other points of interest.
- Smartwatch & Camera Compatibility
- Pair with compatible Garmin smartwatches for driver alerts on your wrist and compass guidance to find your car, and with Garmin's BC 30 Backup Camera for dramatically improved safety (smartwatches and backup camera sold separately).
- Navigation Features
- Displays current street, current speed, speed limit, and arrival time
- Route shaping through preferred cities/streets
- Up Ahead feature with milestones
- Junction views of interchanges
- Active lane guidance with voice prompts
|Custom Point of Interest (ability to add additional points of interest)||Yes|
|Voice Activated Navigation (operate device with spoken commands)||Yes|
|Lane Assist (guides to proper lane for navigation)||Yes|
|Junction View (displays junction signs)||Yes (photoReal junction view)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D) / Weight||17.3 x 9.8 x 1.8 cm / 243 g|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||2 Years - Terms & Conditions|
|Right of Withdrawal||Information on your Rights to Cancel are in Part 2 (c) of the General Terms|